While we fancy ourselves experts in everything polo shirt related, we are always looking to improve our street cred by hanging in the right places to wear them. You have read and heard about how our shirts are great for golf, the office and on the road. But now we want to talk about a place that truly captures the essence of our quality polos. If you haven’t guessed it…I am talking about the beach.
Most of us have our favorite beaches. These are often shaped by a collection of moments captured in the sun with the smell of the sea that makes these memories so vivid. While our shirts work just as hard at the lake, today let's focus on our Top 5 Favorites Beaches as we stroll into the heart of Summer. Performance and Style goes a long way when trying to look good in the sun with a little sand between toes. Here goes…
- Sea Island, Georgia – This quaint beach town may not be the secret it once was. Sitting on the Atlantic coast just 60 miles north of the Florida – Georgia Line, Sea Island claims St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island and Little St. Simons Island. This stretch boasts some of the nicest and most famous ocean resorts in the country. Sea Island’s main hotel is the Cloister, home to the only Forbes Five Star resort in the state of Georgia. It is the only resort in the world to have received this award for 13 consecutive years.
The Lodge at Sea Island is another popular destination. With oceanfront views and 2 championship golf courses, this getaway is perfect for the family or a sneaky weekend with your significant other.
- East Hampton, New York – It's difficult to have this conversation and not mention the Hamptons. While many believe this destination is reserved just for the East Coast’s elite, there are still plenty of ways to make this trip a reality. Often referred to as “America’s Most Beautiful Village,” this upscale seaside resort comes to life each summer at the East end of Long Island. Popular destinations include the Montauk Lighthouse, Wolffer Estate vineyard and East Hampton Main Beach.
Popular restaurant destinations include Nick & Toni’s, East Hampton Grill and the 1770 House Restaurant & Inn. And if you wander out at night, don’t be surprised if you bump into a celebrity or two who just happens to live right around the corner.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina – It would be hard to put together this list without representing our home state. OBX as it is often referred to as “close enough to drive to, but with a sense of being far way.” This string of islands that sits on the Atlantic offers 100+ miles of wide open shoreline with a series of charming villages designed to keep the quaint feel of a small town.
Whether you want camp on the beach, find a sleepy motel a few blocks from the water or rent that dream vacation home with the perfect sunset, the Outer Banks have it all. If you live outside of the Carolinas, a flight into Norfolk, Virginia is your best bet. The ninety minute drive is well worth it as you will feel far away from your day to day life. And if you decide to take an evening stroll along the beach, don’t be surprised to see one of our JM shirts along the way.
- Maui, Hawaii – You are probably asking how this destination slid to number two on our list. The only answer I can give you is that it is just too dang far from our office! Maui, without question has some of the best views, best beaches and best food on the list. And it certainly has one of the best vibes in the world.
With a beautiful blend of beaches, palm trees, volcanoes and views, Maui represents all things Hawaii. Maui boasts a series of small beach towns with some of the top resorts in the world. The Road to Hana is one of the most heralded experiences in this Island state. The two lane highway winds approximately 50 miles throughout the island and provides breathtaking views of waterfalls and the deep blues of the Pacific Ocean. Lahaina offers the closest thing to mainland nightlife and boasts some of the best food on the Island. And if you’re feeling adventurous, surfing on the North Shore or a hike at the Haleakala Summit are great options.
- Seaside, Florida – This beachside community that sits on Highway 30A is not quite the secret it used to be. Situated halfway between Destin and Panama City, this town first got noticed as the back drop to Jim Carrey’s 1998 big screen hit, The Truman Show. Now a destination central to big cities like Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville and over to Houston, Seaside offers a little something for everyone.
A great hotel, bountiful beach rentals and some of the purest sand you will lay eyes on reside in this community. Great restaurants and a mix of families as well as singles help make Seaside a must visit on this list. And if Seaside isn’t big enough for you, Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach are just up the road. Don’t be surprised to see John Morgan bouncing around 30A as well…he fits perfectly into the 30A beach lifestyle.
So there’s our list…it may not be perfect, but it’s ours. Until next time, enjoy the surf, the sand, and stay comfortable in JM all Summer long!
Back to Journal